Benefits of chiropractic
Chiropractic helps the nervous system function optimally. When the nervous system is functioning properly it helps to balance our health against diseases. Subluxations interfere in the communication of the nervous system and therefore often cause ailments and symptoms.
Chiropractic not only helps our body to recover faster and work better, but it also prevents future illness/dis-ease.
Some common problems that chiropractic can help are:
Many people who suffer frequent headaches think it is normal but, in fact, it is not. If you are someone who get headaches, even if only on a monthly basis, it is recommended to contact a health care professional. A chiropractor is a health care specialist that can help determine the root cause of your headaches.
Listening and working with your body when such pains arise, will not only help to properly determine and eliminate the cause but also prevent it from progressing further.
Specialized Chiropractic areas
Proven testimony: Chiropractic adjustments help to improve multiple sclerosis
· Nansel DD, Cremata E, Carlson J, Szlazak M “Effect of Unilateral Spinal Adjustments on Goniometrically-Assessed Cervical Lateral-Flexion End- Range Asymmetry in Otherwise Asymptomatic Subjects” J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1989; 12(6): 419-427.
· Nansel, DD, Jansen, R, Cremata, E, Dhami, MSI, Holey, D. “Effect of Cervical Adjustments on Lateral-flexion Passive End-Range Asymmetry and on Blood Pressure, Heart Rate and Plasma Catecholamine Levels” J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1991; 14(8): 450-456.
· Nansel DD, Peneff A, Quitoriano J “Effectiveness of Upper versus Lower Cervical Adjustments with Respect to the Amelioration of Passive Rotational versus Lateral-Flexion End-Range Asymmetries in Otherwise Asymptomatic Subjects” J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1992; 15(2): 99- 105.
· Nansel, DD, Waldorf, T, Cooperstein, R. “Effect of Cervical Spinal Adjustments of Lumbar Paraspinal Muscle Tone: Evidence for Facilitation of Intersegmental Tonic Neck Reflexes” J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1993; 16(3): 91-95.
· Pollard, H, Ward, G. “The Effect of Upper Cervical or Sacroiliac Manipulation on Hip Flexion Range of Motion” J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1998; 21(9): 611-616.
· Pollard, H, Ward, G. “Strength Change of Quadriceps Femoris Following a Single Manipulation of the L3/L4 Vertebral Motion Segment: A Preliminary Investigation” JNMS 1996; 4(4): 137-144.
· Bonci, AS, Ratliff, CR. “Strength Modulation of the Biceps Brachii Muscles Immediately Following a Single Manipulation of the C4/C5 Intervertebral Motor Unit in Healthy Subjects; Preliminary Report” AJCM 1990; 3(1): 14-18.
· Symons, BP, Herzog, W, Leonard, T, Nguyen, H. “Reflex responses Associated with Activator Treatment” J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2000; 23(3): 155-159.
· McGregor, M, Brennan, P, Triano, JJ. “Immunological Response to Manipulation of the Lumbar Spine” Abstract. Proceedings of the International Conference on Spinal Manipulation 1991; Arlington, VA April 12-13th
· Brennan PC, Kokjohn K, Kaltinger CJ, Lohr GE, Glendening C, Hondras MA, McGregor M, Triano JJ “Enhanced Phagocytic Cell Respiratory Burst Induced by Spinal Manipulation: Potential Role of Substance P” J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1991; 14(7): 399-407.
· Brennan PC, Triano JJ, McGregor M, Kokjohn K, Hondras MA, Brennan DC. “Enhanced Neutrophil Respiratory Burst as a Biological Marker for Manipulation Forces: Duration of the Effect and Association with Substance P and Tumor Necrosis Factor” J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1992; 15(2): 83-90.
· Allen JM. The effects of chiropractic on the immune system: a review of literature. Chiropractic Journal of Australia 1993; 23: 132-135
· Shin DC, Lee YW. The immediate effects of spinal thoracic manipulation on respiratory functions. Journal of Physical Therapy Science. 2016;28(9):2547-2549. doi:10.1589/jpts.28.2547.
· Miller JA, Bulbulian R, Sherwood WH, Kovach M. “The Effects of Spinal Manipulation and Soft Tissue Massage on Human Endurance and Cardiac and Pulmonary Physiology – A Pilot Study” The Journal of Sports Chiropractic & Rehabilitation 2000; March pp. 11-15.
· Menon M, Plaugher G, Jansen R, Dhami MSI, Sutowski J “Effect of Thoracic Spinal Adjustment on Peripheral Airway Function in Normal Subjects – A Pilot Study” Conference Proceedings of the Chiropractic Centennial Foundation 1995; July 6-8: 244-245.
· Masarsky CS, Weber M “Chiropractic and Lung Volumes – A Retrospective Study” ACA Journal of Chiropractic 1986; 20(9): 65-67.
· Kessinger R “Changes in Pulmonary Function Associated with Upper Cervical Specific Chiropractic Care” J Vertebral Subluxation Res. 1997; 1(3): 43-49.
· Bakris G, Dickholtz M Sr, Meyer PM, Kravitz G, Avery E, Miller M, Brown J,
Woodfield C, Bell B. Atlas vertebra realignment and achievement of arterial
pressure goal in hypertensive patients: a pilot study. J Hum Hypertens. 2007
May;21(5):347-52. Epub 2007 Mar 2. PubMed PMID: 17252032.
· Zhang J. “The Effects of Chiropractic Care on Short-Term Power Spectrum Analysis of Heart Rate Variability: Abstract from the Sixth Annual National Subluxation Conference” J Vertebral Subluxation Res. 1998; 2(4)
· Kessinger R, Boneva D “Neurocognitive Function and the Upper Cervical Spine” CRJ 1999; 6(2): 88-89.
· Kelly DD, Murphy BA, Backhouse DP “Use of a Mental Rotation Reaction-Time Paradigm to Measure the Effects of Upper Cervical Adjustments on Cortical Processing: A Pilot Study” J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2000; 23(4): 246-252.
· Carrick FR “Changes in Brain Function after Manipulation of the Cervical Spine” J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1997; 20(8): 529-545.
· Lauro A, Mouch B “Chiropractic Effects on Athletic Ability” Chiropractic: The Journal of Chiropractic Research and Clinical Investigation 1991; 6(4): 84-87.
· Schwartzbauer J, Kolber J, Schwartzbauer M, Hart J, Zhang J “Athletic Performance and Physiological Measures in Baseball Players Following Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care: A Pilot Study” J Vertebral Subluxation Res. 1997; 1(4): 33-39.
· Fallon J “The Effect of Chiropractic Treatment on Pregnancy and Labor: A Comprehensive Study” Proceedings of the World Federation of Chiropractic 1991: pp. 24-31.