What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is an excellent way to improve your health naturally and effectively
Chiropractic is a health care profession that specializes in the relationship between the vertebral column (structure) and the nervous system (function), with a focus on correcting neuromusculoskeletal problems that may affect overall health of an individual.
The objective of chiropractic is to help the body function optimally by assuring the nervous system is free of interference and able to perform at its highest potential.
Chiropractic was created in 1895 in the United States by D.D. Palmer and has since gained recognition as a primary health care provider in many countries worldwide. It was incorporated into the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2005.
The benefits of Chiropractic:
· WHO guidelines on basic training and safety in chiropractic [Internet]. Who.int. 2018 [cited 7 January 2018]. Available from: http://www.who.int/medicines/areas/traditional/Chiro-Guidelines.pdf
· Word Federation Of Chiropractic [Internet]. 2018 [cited 12 January 2018]. Available from: https://www.wfc.org/website/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110&Itemid=107&lang=en
· Spanish Chiropractic Association [Internet]. 2018 [cited 12 January 2018]. Available from: http://www.quiropractica-aeq.com/
· Bronfort G, Haas M, Evans R, Leiniger B, Triano J. Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence report.Chiropr Osteopath 2010;18:3. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2841070/
· Chou R, Huffman LH. Non-pharmacologic therapies for acute and chronic low back pain: a review of the evidence for an American Pain Society/American College of Physicians clinical practice guideline. Ann Intern Med 2007; 147:492-504.
· Triano JJ. Chiropractic best practices: A systematic review by the Research Comission of the Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters. (CCGPP) 2010.
· Dagenais S, Gay RE, Tricco AC, Freeman MD, Mayer JM. NASS Contemporary Concepts in spine care: spinal manipulation therapy for acute low back pain. The Spine Journal 2010; 10 (10):918-940.
· Hannon SM. Objective physiologic changes and associated health benefits of chiropractic adjustments in asymptomatic subjects: A review of the literature. J Vertebral Subluxation Res 2004 (April 26).