In addition to the adjustments, the chiropractor will recommend specific exercises that allow stretching and strengthening of the spine.
Before performing any exercise, consult your specialist if they are suitable and recommended for your health condition.
General instructions for carrying out exercises
Do the exercises in the order and according to their description.
Repeat the sequence once, twice a day (avoid doing it before sleep).
If you feel pain at the time of doing one of the exercises, suspend it.
In this case, it is advisable to speak with your chiropractor.
It is normal to be sore or stiff after the exercises.
If there is pain, use ice packs to reduce inflammation.
Listen to our latest playlist as you stretch and relax your body
Discover how chiropractic can help you
Puravida Chiropractic works with highly qualified chiropractors.
· Bronfort G, Haas M, Evans R, Leiniger B, Triano J. Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence report.Chiropr Osteopath 2010;18:3. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2841070/
· Chou R, Huffman LH. Non-pharmacologic therapies for acute and chronic low back pain: a review of the evidence for an American Pain Society/American College of Physicians clinical practice guideline. Ann Intern Med 2007; 147:492-504.
· Triano JJ. Chiropractic best practices: A systematic review by the Research Comission of the Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters. (CCGPP) 2010.
· Dagenais S, Gay RE, Tricco AC, Freeman MD, Mayer JM. NASS Contemporary Concepts in spine care: spinal manipulation therapy for acute low back pain. The Spine Journal 2010; 10 (10):918-940.
· Hannon SM. Objective physiologic changes and associated health benefits of chiropractic adjustments in asymptomatic subjects: A review of the literature. J Vertebral Subluxation Res 2004 (April 26).